Web site design
Is your site easy to navigate? Quick to download? Simple to read? Do you need a simple 'brochure site or something more dynamic and interactive? Do you an ecommerce site to sell your product?
- Web site design and development
- Site maintenance and updating
- Flash design and development
- Shopping cart and ecommerce
- Web hosting and domain registration
Your website needs to communicate your ideas and reflect your company in the best light, and it must do so with the greatest ease for the visitor.
At Specialty Enterprises, the creation of your website proceeds like this:
- We learn about your needs, your business, and your target audience. We find out what you'd like your web site to do for you, what you'd like it to contain, and how you'd like it to look.
- We prepare a proposal for with recommendations based on our understanding of your needs. It contains an estimate costs to create the site you want. You review the proposal and accept it as is, or suggest changes before approving it.
- We prepare a contract based on the approved proposal. Once you sign the contract and pay the deposit, we begin the work.
- You supply us with all graphics (e.g. logo, branding elements, color schemes) and copy (i.e., text) that you want us to include in our design.
- We prepare one or more "prototype" designs for your home page and inner pages, to give you a choice of the look and feel of your new site.
- Once you've chosen your preferred design, we begin building your home page and inner pages. We post these pages on a non-public area of the Internet, and invite you to have a look. As the rest of your site takes shape, we continue this consultation process.
- Once you have approved of all the pages and we've tested them with all major browsers, we publish the site!
- We follow up to make sure that you're happy with your new site and that everything is working as you expected it to.
Web site redesign
If you already have a website, there are many reasons why you may want or need a website redesign. Some of there might be…
- Your company has grown or changed
- Your site's appearance is outdated or stale and you want a fresh, new look.
- The content on your site is old, incorrect or wrong.
- You’re ready for a change.
- You want to list with Search Engines and need a re-design to make your site "Search Engine Friendly".
- You want to add E-Commerce capabilities.
- You're not getting the results you expected.
All of this could mean a minor facelift, a major redesign or even just changing keywords to get your site registered more efficiently on search engines.
Whatever your needs are, we can help. The same services and skills we use to design and develop a new website are available to you when we redesign your web site.
Your part in the web design process…
- Use email. Email is most effective method for communicating with us, particularly because it gives us both a written record. Please use it whenever possible.
- Be clear on what your goals are. Let us know what you want from your web site.
- Decide on content. Decide what content you want to present on your web site. We will be in charge of designing the how and where – the formatting and layout.
- Deliver content to us in an organized and timely manner. Text should be finalized, proofread and ready for publication. Graphics should be named carefully and sent in an orderly way.
- Offer clear, helpful feedback to design drafts. Remember that the process consists of giving us feedback and then reviewing any changes.
- Leave it to us to produce a professional product. Be flexible and aware that time is limited, and leave the responsibility of producing professional results primarily in our hands.